The Freedom Challenge Cactus to Cloud Hike ~ 2020
May 15 @ 4:00 pm - May 17 @ 1:00 pm| $150.00
Our Challenge. Their Freedom.
We will be partnering with The Freedom Challenge to raise funds and awareness for those impacted by human trafficking. Join us as we take on the physical challenge of hiking “Cactus to Cloud” in Palm Springs and the fundraising challenge of $1500.00 per hiking pair that will set 10 enslaved women on the path to freedom.
You and your daughter, or mother or another significant woman in your life can partner together to take on this physical challenge and raise funds and awareness together.
- If I don’t have a Mother or a Daughter that wants to Hike may I still participate? YES!
- What if I am not a “hiker”? There will be 3 levels of hikes available: Beginner, Intermediate, Advance —You can do this!
- How much money do I have to raise? The fundraising challenge is $1500 per pair, which puts 10 women on the path to freedom! Other expenses: $150.00 registration fee per person, as well as, food /accommodations expenses (TBD by the size of our team).
- How can I find out more? Join us at our Information Meeting this Sunday, February 2nd at 1:30pm at the Cove.
Information Meeting – 2/2/2020 at 1:30pm at The Cove.
Join us at our Information Meeting, February 2nd, 2020, where you will receive more information about The Freedom Challenge organization and how they make a difference in the world. Additionally, we will share information on hiking levels, equipment needed for this challenge and an explanation of the fundraising needed to be done and ideas/suggestions on how to do it.
Cactus to Cloud, Palm Springs – 2020
- When: May 15 – 17, 2020
- Where: Palm Springs, CA
- Freedom Challenge Cost: $150 per person for registration / $1500 fundraising goal for each mother/daughter team paid directly to Freedom Challenge.
- Lodging & Food: Price TBD once our team is formed.
- Information Meeting: Sunday, February 2, 2020 @ 1:30pm
- Registration Deadline: February 23, 2020
- First Team Meeting: Sunday, February 23, 2020 (Next meeting follows on Sunday 3/15/20)
- Freedom Challenge Info – Please click HERE.
- Register with The Freedom Challenge: This is necessary in order to set up your online donation account and to notify TFC you are part of the Canyon Springs Team.
- Registration with Canyon Springs Church: This confirms you are a team member and assists with the tracking of payment of your Lodging & Food expense.
Training Hike Schedule:
2/17/20 – Iron Mountain 5.2 miles / Trail time 6:30am
2/24/20 – Potato Chip Rock via Mt Woodson 7.6 miles & 2106 elevation / Trail time 6:30am Poway Lake
3/02/20 – Cuyamaca via Azalea 7.7 miles & 1833 elevation / Meet at Cove at 6:30am
3/09/20 – Bernardo Mtn Summit 7.1 miles & 872 elevation / Meet at Cove at 7:00am
3/16/20 – Del Dios Highland Preserve 7.5 miles & 1837 elevation / Meet at Cove at 7:00am
3/07/20 – Nighthawk Trail to Black Mountain 3.0 miles & 908 elevation / Meet at trailhead at 8:00am
3/21/20 – Cowles Mtn from Big Rock Trail 4.4 miles & 1204 elevation / Meet at Cove at 6:30am
4/04/20 – Lake Hodges Overlook Trail 6.4 miles & 1371 elevation / Meet at Cove at 7:15am
4/25/20 – Blue Sky Reserve to Mt Woodson 9.9 miles & 2372 elevation / Meet at trailhead at 6:15am.
Friday Altitude Hikes~
5/08/20 – Tahquitz Peak via Devil’s Slide Trail 8.1 miles & 2375 elevation. Meet at Cove at 4:30am.
Questions? Contact Jilane Hawkins @ [email protected]
Logos Wilderness ~ Our Purpose
In conjunction with Freedom Challenge, we are supporting and working with Logos Wilderness. This is a great compliment to The Freedom Challenge. Logos Wilderness strives to see the fullness of freedom reimagined, restored, and reclaimed for Survivors of Sex Trafficking. Logos Wilderness provides survivors a “Safe House” in the wilderness where both mental health and outdoor professionals journey with them into deeper healing and freedom.
Along with our Freedom Challenge Cactus to Cloud Hike, we will be offering hikes for Logos Wilderness. Some of our hikes are designed to support awareness, fellowship and financial support of Logos Wilderness. These are hikes that require VERY LITTLE prior hiking experience. We will also offer hikes that stretch us a bit more physically. In either case, our focus is to create an heighten awareness of Logos Wilderness and to support them financially and through prayer.
Logos Wilderness Hiking Schedule starting in February, 2020:
First Saturday of the month – A moderate hike in San Diego County, 5-7 milesSome elevation.
- Last Friday of the month – Easy hiking, 3-5 miles, no elevation
INTERESTED? Contact Marty Wiler at [email protected]
Enjoy some photos from our prior Freedom Challenge training hikes!