The Freedom Challenge Cactus to Cloud Hike ~ 2020 (POSTPONED 5/2021)
October 9 @ 4:00 pm - October 10 @ 1:00 pm| $150.00
Our Challenge. Their Freedom. (POSTPONED TO MAY 2021)
We will be partnering with The Freedom Challenge to raise funds and awareness for those impacted by human trafficking. Join us as we take on the physical challenge of hiking “Cactus to Cloud” in Palm Springs and the fundraising challenge of $1500.00 per hiking pair that will set 10 enslaved women on the path to freedom.
You and your daughter, or mother or another significant woman in your life can partner together to take on this physical challenge and raise funds and awareness together.
- If I don’t have a Mother or a Daughter that wants to Hike may I still participate? YES!
- What if I am not a “hiker”? There will be 3 levels of hikes available: Beginner, Intermediate, Advance —You can do this!
- How much money do I have to raise? The fundraising challenge is $1500 per pair, which puts 10 women on the path to freedom! Other expenses: $150.00 registration fee per person, as well as, food /accommodations expenses (TBD by the size of our team).
Cactus to Cloud, Palm Springs – New Members Welcomed!
- When: October 9 – 10, 2020
- Where: Palm Springs, CA
- Freedom Challenge Cost: $150 per person for registration / $1500 fundraising goal for each mother/daughter team paid directly to Freedom Challenge.
- Lodging & Food: Price TBD once our team is formed.
- Registration Deadline: August 4th, 2020
- Info / Team Meeting: Tuesday, July 7th @ 6:30pm / Jilane Hawkin’s Backyard!
- Freedom Challenge Info – Please click HERE.
- Register with The Freedom Challenge: This is necessary in order to set up your online donation account and to notify TFC you are part of the Canyon Springs Team.
- Registration with Canyon Springs Church: This confirms you are a team member and assists with the tracking of payment of your Lodging & Food expense.
Training Hike Schedule:
- Sat 7/11/2020 – Night Hawk Trail to Black Mountain (3.9 miles / 908 elevation). Meet at trailhead at 6:30am
- Sat 7/18/2020 – Iron Mountain off 67. (5.2 miles / 1102 elevation). Meet at trailhead at 6:15am
- Sat 8/1/2020 – Cowles from Big Rock Trail (4.4 miles / 1204 elevation). Meet at the Cove at 6:15am
- Sat 8/29/2020 Cuyamaca via Azalea (7.7 miles / 1853 elevation). Meet at Cove 5:00am (We have an hour drive).
- Sat 9/5/2020 Blue Sky Reserve to Mt Woodson (9.9 miles / 2372 elevation). Meet at Blue Sky Parking lot in RB at 5:15am
- MORE TO COME FOR OUR LAST FEW HIKES!
Questions? Contact Jilane Hawkins at [email protected]
Enjoy some photos from our prior Freedom Challenge training hikes!