Parent Cafe – Talking To Your Child About Gender
February 7 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm| $10.00
Parents and grandparents face questions about gender and sexuality in ways most of us are unprepared to handle. Patti Height from Out of Egypt ministries will be joining us to give her testimony on Sunday, February 5th, at church.
Additionally, she will join us in a parent/grandparent forum on Tuesday, February 7, to help prepare us to have conversations around gender that are informed and filled with grace, love, and truth. The Tuesday forum has a $10 charge. Light sweets & snacks, and beverages will be provided at the Tuesday Forum.
- When: Tuesday, February 7th, 2023. (This is in addition to Patti speaking at Sunday Service on February 5th.)
- Where: The Cove (9889 Hibert St, Ste A, SD 92131)
- Time: 6:00 – 8:00 pm
- Cost: $10.00 per participant
- Food: Light sweets & snacks, and beverages will be provided at the Tuesday Forum.
- Registration: YES! REGISTER HERE
- Childcare: Yes. See below for details.
- Questions? Contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
What Will Not Happen At This Event
- We will not end the evening, and we all agree on everything.
- It is unlikely that we will all share our opinions and everyone will hold hands and sing Kumbaya.
- This is not an event where we secretly try to indoctrinate you into our beliefs.
What Will Happen At This Event
- Your questions will be accepted and appreciated regardless of what your opinion is.
- We will attempt to have an open and honest discussion about these issues in an environment of grace.
- We have invited experts to participate in our discussion because they have more experience dealing with these issues. Even so, you don’t have to agree with them.
- If the discussion becomes difficult and awkward, there will still be snacks at the end!
About our Speakers
Patti Height from Out of Egypt Ministries
Patti’s goal is to come alongside the body of Christ to help them understand the people of the LGBT community as well as cultural issues so the church can be better equipped to minister to them with both grace and truth. Take a moment and watch a short video of Patti’s story. Learn more about Out of Egypt, Patti’s Story
Provided for ages 10 and under. We will hold childcare at Family Life Church, which is just a short walk away. Our childcare providers will gather all of the kids at the Cove and walk over to Family Life Church at 6:20 pm. They will return with the kids at 8:00 pm. Please note: Dinner will not be provided for the children.