City Heights Runners 5K & Fun Run – 2019
February 9 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm| $35.00
Canyon Springs let’s join in the RUN!
Canyon Springs Church has partnered with our friends at UrbanLife for many years on a variety of projects. This year’s 5K run is just one of the great events the UrbanLife team sponsors.
City Heights Runners Club
City Heights Runners, an initiative of UrbanLife Inc., is a running club for middle and high school students in City Heights. The club offers seasonal after school and Saturday practices for students at Wilson Middle School, Clark Middle School, and Mann Middle School, and also serve the Hoover High School Cross Country and Track and Field programs by providing off-season training and racing opportunities.
The running club offers a proven means of developing resiliency factors in student-athletes, which are necessary for their overall well-being and healthy development as they move into high school and on to their college and/or career years. We believe that student athletes will become more resilient in many areas, such as the following:
- Positive friendships with peers, adult coaches, and mentors.
- Safe and productive after-school activities.
- Exercise opportunity for all fitness levels, and we regularly discuss healthy eating habits.
- Additionally, one cannot improve or endure as a runner if character qualities such as self-discipline, focus and mental toughness are not developed. Character is developed through various means, and is transferable to other areas of life once developed.
- Where: North Chollas Community Park
- When: Saturday, February 9, 2019
- Time: The 5K race starts at 8:30am / The Kids 1K Fun Run at 9:15am
- Registration: 7:00am – 8:15am day of race. (Online registration before 2/2/19)
- Cost: Early Bird for 5K $35.00 prior to 2/2/19 OR $40.00 day of registration
- Cost: Early Bird for Kids 1K Fun Run (12 & under) $5.00 by 2/2/19 OR $10.00 day of registration
- Parking: Available at Chollas Baseball Field, Gloria’s Mesa, on College Grove Drive, and in the lot east of Chollas Lake.
All proceeds from the race benefit City Heights Runners!
For additional information on this race and to register online for the early bird rate, please visit UrbanLife’s City Heights Runners website.