Freedom Challenge – Guatemala Acatenango Volcano Hike 2023
November 14 - November 19| $1,500
Our Challenge. Their Freedom. Calling all women! We will partner with The Freedom Challenge to raise funds and awareness for those impacted by human trafficking and support Grace’s ministry in Guatemala. Join us as we take on the physical challenge of hiking the Acatenango volcano in Guatemala and the fundraising challenge of $3,200 that will help enslaved women on the path to freedom. We will also spend a day delivering food packages to Guatemalan families in need. Sign-up today and ask a friend, sister, daughter, or mother to join you and train for the challenge and raise funds and awareness together!
- What if I am not a “hiker”?
- We will hike a pace that accommodates the slowest team members. This is about pushing ourselves physically and encouraging each other along the way! You can do this!
- How much money do I have to raise?
- The fundraising challenge is $3,200 per person, plus travel expenses. We REALLY encourage you to grab your daughter, a friend, a mother, or a sister to join you.
- What: Freedom Challenge Hike – Acatenango Volcano (Guatemala)
- When: November 14 – November 19, 2023
- Cost: $1,500.00 (Covers airfare & in-country expenses)
- Fundraising Goal: $3, 200 per participant
- Team Meeting, Monday, May 15, 2023, 6:00 pm – The Cove (9889 Hibert St, Ste A SD 92131)
- Saturday, May 27th (Penasquitos Preserve – Meet at the trailhead @ 7:00 am)
- Saturday, July 8th (Iron Mountain – Meet at trailhead at 6:30 am)
- Saturday, September 9th (Mount Woodson – Meet at trailhead @ 6:30 am)
- Saturday, October 7th (EARLY Saturday Morning Long Hike Idyllwild)
- Saturday, October 21st (EARLY Saturday Morning Long Hike El Cajon Mountain Trail)
- November 5th Pack and Pray at The Cove
- Trip Registration: HERE
Questions? Contact Jilane Hawkins at firstname.lastname@example.org