Vacation Bible School (VBS) 2020
June 22 @ 9:00 am - June 26 @ 12:00 pm| $45 – $85
Join over 300+ campers led by 150+ Adult & Student Leaders and Volunteers at one of San Diego’s best Vacation Bible Schools (VBS). This weeklong VBS camp will be filled with fun, friendship and lasting memories all while learning about Jesus.
VBS 2020 “Concrete & Cranes”
Look up—way up. That’s where we’re headed. Where I-beams float effortlessly high overhead, carefully guided into place by powerful machinery. Where steel and glass converge in a colossal design that appears to almost touch the sky. These magnificent structures were elaborately designed and intricately built. Yet they all began the same way—with concrete and cranes, rivets and rebar, bulldozers and backhoes; and most importantly, a solid foundation. This summer, kids will grab their hard hats and head out to the construction site to discover that skyscrapers aren’t the only things that need a rock solid foundation.
During VBS, kids will discover that Jesus’ love provides a foundation that will last. When the storms of life come, they’ll need the One who will be with them to the end of the age. When anxiety sets in, they’ll need the assurance that true worth comes from being a child of God, not from what other people think about them. When they feel unworthy, they can remember that Jesus loved them enough to die for them. They’ll learn to be wise builders who continue in what they’ve learned and firmly believe. And they will discover that He who began a good work will be faithful to carry it on to completion. We’re all a work in progress. Life is a hard hat zone. But just wait ‘til you see what God will do!
- Who: Preschool children (3 years old and potty trained) through 5th Grade (Go by grade entering in Fall 2020)
- Dates: Monday, June 22, 2020 – Friday, June 26th, 2020
- Times: 9am-12pm each day
- Where: Marshall Middle School
- How: CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- Info: Email [email protected]
Prices & Dates
- $45 – Super Duper Early Bird Registration (ends 7/31/19)
- $55 – Super Early Bird Registration (ends 12/31/19)
- $65 – Early Bird (ends 3/31/20)
- $75 – Regular Rate (ends 6/14/20)
- $85 – Late Registration
Sibling Discount (After 7/31/19)
After the super duper early bird ends, receive $5 off the 2nd child, and $10 each additional child beyond 3. Sibling Discounts are automatically applied at checkout.
Our VBS program wouldn’t be possible without the gracious help and commitment of our volunteers… and we have PLENTY of opportunities available for both adults and youth.
Opportunities are available to help both during and before VBS! These range from prepping crafts, helping with check-in, setting up/tearing down, coordinating t-shirt orders and much more! If you’re interested in helping in any capacity, click on the registration link above and follow the prompts for volunteers.
Frequently Asked Questions
What should my child wear to VBS?
- Close-toed shoes & weather appropriate clothing.
- No bathing suits.
What is the VBS schedule?
- 9am – noon each day.
- Each camper will rotate, with their age group, between stations; Snack, craft, song, story and recreation.
Does VBS have a Preschool program?
- Yes, our VBS preschoolers must be age 3 or 4 AND potty-trained.
Is there a discount for registering multiple children?
- Yes. We have discounts for siblings! Enter the appropriate discount code (SIBLING) when registering online and you will receive $5 off each additional child.
Will my child receive any food at VBS?
- Each day we provide a small snack during our VBS time.
What if my child has a food allergy?
- The safest solution for your child with severe food allergies is to bring in your own snack from home. Bring your snack in a marked, disposable bag to the snack area before VBS.
- Please contact our Snack coordinator for questions regarding snacks details.
Where do I check my child in?
- Monday check-in requires you to walk your child into the auditorium.
- After Monday we will have sign in tables by the parking lot to manage a quicker drop off.
When will my child receive a t-shirt?
- T-shirts will be handed out at Canyon Springs Church the Sunday prior to VBS and on the first day of VBS.
Where and When does Canyon Springs Church meet?
- Canyon Springs Church meets every Sunday at Marshall Middle School; 9700 Avenue of the Nations, San Diego CA 92131
- 8:30am and 10:30am services
- Sunday School programs for Nursery through 5th grade
- Middle School 8:30am service
- High School 10:30am service
Can I request for my child to be placed with a friend?
- Yes, if they are in the same grade. There is a place to indicate that on the registration form.
Can you accommodate a child with special needs?
- Yes, we can! Please contact Lesley Hyatt for more information: [email protected].
Are there scholarships available?
- Yes! We never want finances to keep a child from coming to VBS. If you need a full or partial scholarship, go ahead and register your child, leave the payment section blank and email Lesley Hyatt at [email protected] regarding your need.