Last month I heard about a need at Canyon Springs. One of our own students had been in an accident. As I shared this news one Sunday, I was moved to tears. Not only because of the accident, but also because I knew what my friends at Canyon Springs would do. You would step up and take care of this family like you always do. Because over the last 19 years we have become family. Many churches do a year end giving letter. And yes, this is our year-end giving letter but as I reflect on the amazing things God has done this year, I can’t help but make this more like a family Christmas letter. Take a moment to celebrate with me:
- This year over 300 children attended VBS, 60% more than last year! Best yet, 75 made decisions for Jesus.
- Our Oasis ministry has exploded with over 150 students on houseboats and attendance at our Summer camps grew 27%. Recently over 110 Middle School kids participated in our picture scavenger hunt; all of which seemed to end up running through my house!
- More and more family, friends, loved ones and neighbors are coming to Canyon Springs – we’ve had a 12% growth in Regular Attendees.
- Our ‘home’ at Marshall Middle School received a complete make-over, and our “Kid City” Children’s Ministry received a new name and new look.
- 178 members of our church family went on an International Mission to Mexico, Haiti and/or Belize.
- Add on top of that hundreds of homeless fed, hundreds of people in life-changing small groups, and hundreds introduced to a life-changing relationship with Jesus through Sundays, Awana, Club 45, Canyon Springs Blogs, and the 10 Steps Further podcast.
The message of God’s love and redemption is reaching our community. And God does not choose to do this by himself. He chooses us to be part of His plan. He graciously lets us see lives transformed as we are His hands and feet. Thank You for answering God’s call. Thank you for giving up your vacation time to go on a mission trip, hosting a youth group at your home, serving as a leader to our kids at AWANA, VBS or on Sunday. And Thank You for financially supporting Canyon Springs. By the giving of your time, talent and treasure you joined with God to expand HIS kingdom.
As we near the end of 2017, there is still a need. Will you consider making a special year end gift to God’s work here at Canyon Springs? Propel us into 2018 as we partner with God to be about His business. Can you imagine – more kids coming to know Him (& their families too), more roofs over people’s heads, more people fed and lives changed.
If you’d like to join us in making a difference use the enclosed envelope to make a donation or visit our safe and secure online giving page at www.CanyonSprings.org/give. If 2017 is any indication, I can’t wait to see what He does in 2018. Thank you for being a part of this adventure! In Him, Jack Hawkins
Learn more about all of our Christmas 2017 activities here.
Remember, It’s about the One!