Quarterly Update & Giving Statement (April – June 2018)
Dear Canyon Springs Family,
Recently I have been reading Everybody Always, the follow up to Love Does by Bob Goff. Bob encourages you in his book to always choose love, Jesus’ love, as our response to all people especially the difficult ones. It had me reflecting on the last three months of life at Canyon Springs and how this love Goff writes about shows up all the time in the Canyon Springs community. Can I just take a moment and share with you what I have seen?
- First, our Care Ministry was busy providing meals to over 7 families this past quarter as some experienced long and short term needs.
- One member of our church organized a fundraiser for the Coulapides family raising an extra $15,000 over the existing YouCaring fund.
- Small Groups is the life-blood of our church. Over 50% of our church family is in a small group meeting people where they are at. There is encouragement for Dad’s of Jr. Highers, a family group taking a love offering and meals for another member of the group who has fallen on tough times, and a small group express putting together 100 blessing bags for the homeless community. We even added four small groups this quarter which brought us to 23 small groups!
- You wanted your neighbors to hear of the love and peace God can offer them and it showed. Easter service was our largest attended yet with over 1400 people.
- Then we had a packed Family Sunday where parents were encouraged to lead confidently in their homes.
- VBS took over Marshall Middle School with 305 kids, 149 youth and many adults. For a week the youth and adults encourage kids to get in the game for Jesus. 150 kids chose to do just that as they accepted Jesus into their life. God used the hands, feet and prayers of many to move mightily.
- Middle School camp saw 65 kids get fired up about using this next school year to reach their friends with the message of Jesus. 6 of the youth accepted Christ for the first time, 2 of these kids were provided scholarships for camp.
- We launched a Young Adult Ministry! I can’t wait to share next time all that God will do this summer in their lives.
- Our church family (at time of writing this) is preparing to GO & BE the hands and feet of Jesus in Alaska and Belize, but our first stop for the summer was when over 42 adults and kids brought VBS to Vision de Dios Church in Mexico at the end of June.
- 10 steps further has grown from 400 downloads in December to over 1600 downloads per month. We are also in 24 countries including Pakistan, India and Guatemala.
What can you do?
- Pray. Pray for God’s provision this year for the ministry of Canyon Springs.
- Plan. If you call Canyon Springs your home church will you and your family pray about how you can partner with God here at Canyon Springs through your giving? “So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of obligation; for God loves a cheerful giver” 2 Corinthians 9:7 God is clear that we should not give just because we feel obligated. We are to be cheerful givers, out of gratitude, worship and in expectation of how God is going to use what is given. Visit https://www.canyonsprings.org/give/ for giving options.
- Participate. Join a small group, serve in a ministry, or join us for an outreach event. God wants to work in and through you this year. He is wants to bless you more than you can imagine by being part of His community.
Whew! God is at work in the lives of our Canyon Springs Community propelling us to be Love here, there and everywhere! Thank you for faithfully giving to God’s work at Canyon Springs. Please join me also in lifting up praise to God for all He has done through you and our church this past quarter!
In His Service,
If you have additional questions about CS finances and our stewardship please feel free to email me at [email protected] or call 858-414-7777.