Changes to Next Week’s OASIS Midweeks
In the last update, we unveiled that we’re still able to meet and celebrate Christmas together at our final OASIS Midweeks of the year, and that hasn’t changed. However, we are changing two things:
- We are making it FREE by no longer serving food or drinks this year. I know that will be a disappointment for some students, as that’s a key OASIS tradition. But, we’ve decided the risk of serving food, even outdoors, just isn’t worth it, especially with the case rate and limited ICU capacity in our region.
- Originally, we had planned to do a gift card exchange in place of our regular gift exchange, as we felt that would be easier to do safely. However, with following guidelines, we can do our regular gift exchange:
- As always, gifts should be valued be between $5–$10 and be pre-wrapped.
- To increase safety, please do not bring any used items from home, and please no food, creatures, or anything that can’t easily be sanitized.
- We will provide disposable gloves to use during the game and supplies to sanitize gifts in order to make this favorite tradition as safe as possible.
As always, we ask that students pre-register for OASIS Midweeks in order to speed check-in and assist with contact tracing, should we have the need to do so.
Thanks for understanding as we pivot to provide the best and safest experience possible as we gather to celebrate the reason for the season.
High School Pastor
P.S. If you missed our last update, here’s our upcoming calendar, for your reference.
- Wednesday, December 9: In-person small groups at various times and locations. Contact your child’s small group leader or contact Luke for more details.
- Wednesday, December 16, 7:30 pm : A Very Merry OASIS Christmas! Free to attend, but please bring a $5–$10 wrapped gift.** Click here to pre-register.
- December 17–January 12: CHRISTMAS BREAK
- Wednesday, January 13: OASIS Midweeks at The Cove
- Wednesday, January 20: NO Small Groups or Midweeks because of SRHS Finals
- Wednesday, January 27: OASIS Midweeks at The Cove
*Dates and times subject to change.
**For the gift exchange, please no used items from home, no food, creatures, or anything that can’t easily be sanitized. We will be providing supplies to sanitize items and disposable gloves to wear during the exchange.
Delivered to your Inbox?
Sign up here to receive our regular church-wide email announcements, weekly bulletins, news and events. If you wish to also receive ministry or group specific emails, select the applicable group(s)