Uganda Mission Trip 2019
November 7, 2019 @ 6:00 pm - November 17, 2019 @ 6:00 pm| $3200
Our Missions Ministry at Canyon Springs Church offers something for everyone. We know, according to Scripture, that God wants to send us out into this world to make disciples. We are all commanded to “GO” whether it is down the street, downtown, across the border or half-way across the world. We want to provide opportunities for people to GO and BE the hands and feet of Jesus.
Dorm Room Project (A good night’s sleep)
While in Uganda, our service project is completing the Dorms for the girls. This is a critical project as we learned that many of the maturing girls were unable to attend school on a regular basis. The walk home each day was too dangerous for them. Most walked long distances through the bush at dusk, leaving them incredibly vulnerable to sexual attack and abuse.
In the spring of that same year, as a response to this news, we began building a dormitory at the school to house the girls so they would not need to walk home each evening. There is still much work to do to complete the project, but the dorm is already home to 50 girls! All of the girls have come back to school, and we want to honor them, their decisions and show our love and support by working to complete the dormitory.
We will be putting finishing touches on the dorm, doing a Bible Study with the girls and creating activities to bring color and joy to their dorm rooms!!
We also discovered that they do not have pillows on their beds. We want to supply each girl with her own pillow and pillowcase. WE COULD USE YOUR HELP!
If you would like to participate in giving these girls a good-night’s sleep and a comfy place to lay their heads, donate to our “Uganda, A Good Night’s Sleep”. All funds will go to purchasing pillows and pillow cases in-country (supporting their local economy) and other dorm room necessities. Click HERE to be a part of this Pillow Project!
Join us in Uganda
- Uganda Trip: November 7 – November 17th, 2019.
- Kick-Off Information Meeting – Sunday, June 2, 2019
- Where: The Cove
- Time: 12:30 – 1:30pm
- Cost: $3,200.00 (Pay through Children’s Heritage Foundation)
- Registration: Canyon Springs Team Members sign-ups HERE.
- You must also complete your application with Children’s Heritage Foundation, and start your payment process. Please click here.
- Registration Deadline: Registration for this trip must be prior to August 25, 2019.
Note: Team members are expected to attend all meetings. Please notify trip leader of any expected absences.
- Sunday June 2, 2019 @ 12:30 (Cove)
- Sunday August 25, 2019 @ 9:45am in-between services at Marshall Middle School
- Sunday September 8, 2019 @ 12:30 (Cove)
- Sunday October 13, 2019 @ 9:45am in-between services at Marshall Middle School
- Sunday November 3, 2019 @ 1:00pm (Cove)
- $500.00 – Sunday June 2, 2019 (Non-refundable Downpayment)
- $750.00 – Sunday August 25, 2019
- $750.00 – Sunday September 15, 2019
- $750.00 – Sunday October 13, 2019
- $450.00 – Sunday November 3, 2019 (Final payment in full is due)
Participants under 16 must be accompanied with their parent on this mission trip.
Questions? Contact Jilane Hawkins @ [email protected]