We are gearing up for our annual trip to Forest Home with our 4th & 5th graders! This is an unbelievable place where the kids will have a once-in-a-lifetime experience! With zip-lining, ropes course, snow tubing, and the infamous “swing”, there is so much fun to be had! At night the camp calms down for some great music and relevant messages. This camp serves many purposes; it is not just your typical camp! Our prayer is that your student will experience God – connect with each other and their leaders – and feel confident this is a place where they can invite their non-Christian friends.
- What: Club 45 Junior Winter Camp 2018 “Pathfinder”
- When: 1/12/18 – 1/14/18
- Where: Forest Home Conference Center
- Cost: $275 (final payment not due until January 1st)
JWC 2018 Registration Process
Registration requires two things:
- Register your child on the Planning Center event page
- Pay the $75 deposit
Both of these things are done by clicking on the following link…
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Junior Winter Camp 2017 Video
(See how much fun we had last year and you’ll sign up in a second!)
- My child really wants to go but we can’t afford it right now. Do you have scholarships?
- Absolutely! We never want financial hardship to be a reason that a child cannot experience camp. If you are interested in inquiring about a full or partial scholarship, please email Betsy at [email protected].
- What time will you leave on Friday, Jan. 12th? Will I need to pull my child out of school?
- We all ride up to camp together in a chartered bus. In order to avoid loads of traffic, we try to leave San Diego no later than 1pm. So, yes, you will need to pull your child out of school a little early. On Sunday, we typically get back around 3pm.
- Are there adults going on this trip?
- Yes! Forest Home requires that there be 2 counselors (over 21 years of age) in each cabin. So we will likely have 8 parent chaperones going with us, including Chrissy and Betsy.
- What should my child pack?
- We will have a mandatory meeting the week before camp to go over EVERYTHING you need to know – what to pack, what NOT to pack, weather, food, cabins, etc.
- My child only wants to go if they can be in the same cabin as their friend. Can you guarantee that?
- Our #1 goal is for every child to feel totally comfortable and have a great time and we know that camp is a lot about being with friends. At the camp meeting, we have every child put down 2 names of who they would like to room with. We do our absolute best to accommodate these requests!
- How many kids are in a cabin?
- First of all, there are boy cabins (with male counselors) and girl cabins (with female counselors). Typically there are 6 boys to a cabin and 8 girls to a cabin.
- Will I be able to contact my child during the weekend?
- We do not allow the children to have electronics during Winter Camp. There are a few reasons for this: first of all, we want them to focus on connecting, engaging in the actives and soaking up everything that camp has to offer! Secondly, there is very little cell service at Forest Home so they likely wouldn’t be reachable anyway. That said, all the parents will have both Betsy and Chrissy’s phone numbers should you need to contact us about anything. We will also provide you with the main number at Forest Home.