Chad Richards is the Lead Pastor at Canyon Springs Church. Chad holds a B.A. in Religion, Ministry, and Leadership from Vanguard University. He also holds a Master of Theological Studies with an emphasis in Biblical Studies from Bethel University and Seminary. Chad and his wife Megan, have two daughters, Ayven and Sage.
Chad likes surfing, movies, reading, and officiating weddings.
More About Chad, From Chad
I was born in Orange County. I fell in love with the Lord in middle school because a friend invited me to youth group. He said there were games, girls, and music. What kind of middle schooler wouldn’t love that?! I got baptized in middle school and started following the Lord wholeheartedly. I walked away from my faith in my freshman year of high school. I got pulled into a different lifestyle of drugs and addiction. It led me down a very dark path. Finally, I got pulled out of the darkness and back into God’s love. Out of that addiction experience, I feel compelled to help others experience God’s unending grace and love. I believe life change and purpose can happen when we enter into a transformational relationship with Jesus. I have truly tasted and seen that the Lord is good. I want others to taste that, too.
Stuff & Random Tidbits About Chad
- Favorite Sports Teams: Go, Kings, Go and Arizona Cardinals
- Mac or PC: Mac
- Hobbies: Surf, snowboard, read, movies (I am a huge movie buff and love talking about film).
- Favorite food: Korean BBQ
- If you had one wish, what would it be: I would wish to be Jesus and then grant Chad Richards more wishes.
- Hometown: Mission Viejo, California