Sekwohn has been a part of the Canyon Springs team since September 2021 and is in charge of the High School ministry here at Canyon Springs. Between the Wednesday night experience and the Sunday morning youth service, Sekwohn and his volunteers continually pursue the students in the community to show them the life that God has for them and their purpose as a son and daughter of the king. As a former student in the high school ministry in 2012 to interning with Canyon Springs in 2015, Sekwohn and his wife Marysa’s arrival to Canyon Springs in 2021 seemed to always be inevitable.
Sekwohn has returned to where he grew up, graduating from Scripps Ranch HS in 2013. He has worked for 6 years in student ministry and received his bachelors in Biblical and Theological Studies from Biola University in 2017. He is currently working on his Masters in Pastoral Care and Counseling, also from Biola University: Talbot School of Theology. He is passionate about students making their faith their own and bringing others along to go after the next generation.
A litte bit more about Sekwohn
I am a sport-loving, spontaneous hang, always singing and humming kind of guy. I am married to Marysa Grondin, an elementary school teacher at Christ the Cornerstone Academy in Mira Mesa. We’ve been married since 2017 and are thankful for how God opened all the doors for us to be in San Diego.
Canyon Springs has been home long before I started working here and I cannot believe that I get to be a part of an incredible team in an amazing church. We are excited for all of the ways that God is putting himself on display and are grateful to be on mission with Canyon Springs to help reach the next One.
Stuff & Random Tidbits
- PC or Mac: MAC ALL THE WAY
- Morning or Night Person: Night Owl
- Hometown: San Diego
- Favorite Dessert: Strawberry Cheesecake
- Beach or Mountains: Mountains
- Favorite Store: Nike Outlet Store
In my free time: I love to play basketball, catch up with a friend, go to a sporting event, and try a new restaurant.
- OASIS Jan 10th! Family Getting Bigger! – Camp Update – | Oasis In the Water – 1/10/22
- Happy New Year! January Calendar – Camp Registration! – | Oasis In the Water – 1/3/22
- SUNDAYS OASIS IS BACK! Good Vibes Week 3 – Camp Registration! – | Oasis In the Water – 11/29/21
- Happy Thanksgiving! No Oasis this week! Camp Registration! – | Oasis In the Water – 11/22/21
- Camp Registration! Friendsgiving! – | Oasis In the Water – 11/15/21
- Week 2 of GOOD VIBES! Camp Announcement! Friendsgiving! – | Oasis In the Water – 11/8/21
- NEW SERIES! GOOD VIBES – CITY SEARCH RECAP! | Oasis In the Water – 11/2/21
- Last week of our series! City Search is coming up NEED DRIVERS! | Oasis In the Water – 10/18/21
- New Series Kicked Off! GAG Night This Week! | Oasis In the Water – 9/27/21
- High School Oasis Weekly Blog