I start this “Year End” with a wholehearted thank you. Thank you for all you do to make our ministry function. Thank you for funding kids programs and youth programs. Thank you for all you give to help us reach people around the globe. Thanks for keeping our doors open so that we can share the good news of Jesus to our community. Thanks for giving so that my staff and I can have jobs and care for our family. Whether it is $20,000 or $20 we are grateful. We feel so bless- ed to be able to do ministry with you.
Canyon Springs Year End Video 2015
Have a watch of this video to see all of the great things you have done, and then see below everything laid out by ministry.
[intense_video video_type=”youtube” video_url=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQnLq_ET2vo”]
If you would like to help us continue making differences in peoples lives, learn…
[intense_button size=”medium” link=”https://www.canyonsprings.org/give/” target=”_blank”]Ways to Give[/intense_button]
- We had over 225 kids at VBS
- 69 campers made a first time decision
- 29 campers wanted to grow deeper in their faith (re-commit)
- 44 Canyon Springs people went down to run VBS in Mexico with over 100 in attendance there
- 12 Clubbers made a first time decision
- 22 Recommitted their lives
- 15 Clubbers Baptized
- 71 kids attended our houseboat trip
- 15 kids made recommitments to Christ and 3 made new commitments
- Their weekly attendance in HS has gone from 30 to 40 kids per week sometimes as big as 50
- 14 new Oasis Leaders recruited and added since August 2014.
- 60% of our youth group serves in some capacity over the year (Haiti, VBS, Awana, Sunday School)
- There last middle school event had almost 100 kids in attendance
- Over 2600 Youtube views
- Over 8000 Facebook views
- 117 Facebook shares
- 261 people are active in 21 small groups
- Approximately 55 people participated in trips to the DR & Haiti.
- Approximately 70 people participated in trips to Mexico.
- Approximately 60 families, close to 150 people participated in Feeding 400 homeless in our blessing bag ministry
- We finished the school at Good Rest Mission in Haiti and now 60 kids are enrolled
- We helped complete a bakery in the Dominican Republic
- Randy Waynick set a goal to have over 1000 homeless fed. That number has now reached over 6000
- Canyon Springs sponsors Urban Life, the ministry that reaches youth in inner city in San Diego. We have several families that buy their produce from Urban Life and we have people who tutor high school kids on a weekly basis.
- We helped raise $6500 to put a roof on a church in Mexico
- We gave $5000 to another church in San Diego to get them in a building
- We collected 50 bags of food to help Alabaster Jar as they rescue women from trafficking in San Diego
- The kids at VBS raised enough money to buy 30 school uniforms for the kids in Mexico
- Canyon Springs runs a women’s bible study in Mexico with 10-20 women every month
- Shop with a purpose raised over $13000 for artisans in 14 countries plus local organizations Urban Life, Generate Hope and Build a Miracle
- Canyon Springs raised over $2000 this Easter for children all over the world through the Children of the World Choir
Your Year End Gift
This year we would like the year end gift to go towards continuing the ministries in these three areas.
- This last year we did a series called, “The Art of Neighboring.” We would like to model good neighboring by being good neighbors to Marshall Middle School and giving the theater a makeover. The paint is old, the carpets tired, and the walls are peeling. We would like to give this gift to our school and for those of you who have made this church your home. Plus it would be great to be able to make a good first impression on our neighbors who are coming for the first time.
- As many of you know we have recently hired a new children’s director, Betsy Roy. Betsy has a vision to do a makeover of our children’s ministry area. This would include new signage, easy ups, decorations, and even a sound system so that our kids can do worship and games outside.
- Our missions ministry continues to grow. This year we are not only reaching Haiti, the Dominican Republic and Mexico but are increasing our reach to Belize with over 30 people committed to go. We are looking to raise some funds to defray costs so that more people can experience these life changing trips. We meet in a middle school but we have buildings all over the world. Can you help us raise more roofs in 2016?
If you are the kind of person who likes to make a year end contribution, please consider giving to Canyon Springs.
Your gift makes it possible for us to reach the Next One.
[intense_button size=”medium” link=”https://www.canyonsprings.org/give/” target=”_blank”]Help Us Reach the Next One[/intense_button]
Leave A Comment