Belize Mission Trip – Summer 2017
This was our second trip down to Belize and the sweet village of Progresso. The team of 19, made up of some returning members and some new team members, reconnected with old friends and made lots of new friends.
Thank-You, our Canyon Springs Church family, who made it possible through your donations and your prayers for us to do the following projects/activities:
- Adding on to a 10×10 home that housed eight family members. They now have triple that square footage!
- Bringing 20 families in the village, who needed a little helping hand, some groceries
- Running 3 days of Vacation Bible School focusing on the “I Am” statements of Jesus.
- 3 Days of Teen Bible Study, all prepared, coordinated and facilitated by our teen team members.
- Several days of Soccer Tournament and Recreational Fun.
- End of the Week “Kid’s Olympic Day” with over 100 participants. Everyone who competed went home with a “legit” Marathon Medal donated by runners back here in the States.
- We had a farewell service with a message from Pastor Nah and then served over 200 meals to the community.
Yes, it’s hot and sweaty in Belize. Yes, we used outhouses and cold showers. Yes, we slept on cots and air mattresses. Yes, things rarely go as planned. Yes, our flight home was canceled. AND…. YES, we would go back again! YES, we saw God work in mighty ways! YES, our perspectives and lives were challenged and changed.
It was UNBELIZEABLE!!