Winter X Packing List
CLOTHING AND TOILETRIES KEEP IN MIND IT CAN GET VERY COLD WHERE WE ARE GOING. WHEN WE SAY WARM, WE MEAN IT. IT CAN GET DOWN TO 1 DEGREE IN BRIANHEAD
- Warm sweatshirt and pants
- Warm socks
- Extra pair of shoes
- Warm pajamas for 2 nights
- Beanie/ gloves
- Toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, shampoo)
- Optional- pillow and towel
- SNOWBOARD/ SKI CLOTHING AND EQUIPMENT
- Waterproof snowboard/ ski jacket & pants
- Long underwear
- Warm Layers (you can peel layers off if you get too warm)
- Wool or polypropylene socks
- Small backpack to carry your things in for going to the ski resort (we are there during the day)
- Water proof gloves
- Snowboard/bindings or ski’s/poles
- Extra pair of shoes
- Optional- wrist guards and helmet
- Bible, pen and journal.
- Lunch and extra spending money for the bus and at the ski resort. Students are in charge of their lunch on the way and lunch on the way back. In addition, they are in charge of their lunch while we are at the ski resort on Sat/Sun. $50 is plenty.
Dear High School Parent,
We are just weeks away from Winter X and we hope your student is as excited as we are! We know this will be a weekend full of growth, fun and community. Here at Canyon Springs Church we pride ourselves in providing safe and enjoyable camp experiences. If you have gone to camp with us before, I’m sure you are already aware of that. Below is a list of important information that will help put your mind to ease when sending your student with us.
-We leave Friday, February 16th
Please have your student at the Cove by 6:00 am for Check in. Please do not come early as we will not be ready for you. If you come early please wait until 6AM as we will still be preparing for students.
9889 Hibert Street, Suite A, San Diego
-We are returning on Monday, February 19th between 5-8 pm at the Cove. With the holiday weekend this time is tentative with traffic. Please be flexible and we will have your child text you with updates on our way back.
- We transport everyone in Charter Bus Group’s deluxe charter buses with professional drivers. We will be staying at Pinewoods Resort in Cedar Mountain Village, Utah located at: 121 Duck Creek Ridge Road Cedar Mountain Village, Utah 84762. Their phone number is 435.682.2512.
- We have a 1 to 4 adult to student ratio
- Your student will receive two hot meals each day with continuous snacks in between. (Students are responsible for buying two lunches at the ski lodge and two lunches while on the road)
- We hire a professional speaker and worship leader to lead the service each night.
- We have several organized activities that encourage involvement with all of the students.
- Each cabin is segregated by gender and grade level. The staff is trained and will be enforcing strict rules and will be diligent in monitoring them. Curfew will be enforced.
- Adults will be helping students who are first timers or still learning to ski or snowboard during the weekend.
- Unless asked you do not need to bring a sleeping bag or pillow (unless you want it) because the beds all have linens and pillows.
In case of an emergency you can contact us at:
Chad Richards- 949.335.2101
Pinewoods Resort- 435.682.2512
We hope that this helps clear any worries or fears that you might have. Please feel free to contact us with any additional questions or concerns. We look forward to spending an awesome, life changing weekend with your student.
Canyon Springs Oasis Staff
Leave A Comment