Before we get to all our VBS fun from today….
Your kids may have come home telling you about our awesome mid-week programs that will start after kids head back to school!
AWANA is for kindergarten through 3rd graders and meets on Wednesday nights from 5:15pm-6:45pm. The registration is typically $75 but we are offering a significant discount for our VBS Players. Sign up now for just $45! Here’s the link (and more details):
Club 45 is for 4th & 5th graders and meets on Monday nights from 6pm-8pm at the Cove. It is FREE but we still need you to register so we know how many to expect. Email Lesley Hyatt at [email protected].
So…we are over the hump – and we could feel the energy today! Day 4 just might have been the best day so far! It was crazy color spirit day – and boy, did we have a lot of fantastic dress up outfits?! The “locker room” was bursting with color!! Throughout our morning activities, we continued our tournament and visited a bunch of great rotations.
- CRAFT–The players made sports bracelets, painted rocks, and made little sports players out of pipe cleaners and beads.
- REC–There was a boogie board slip & slide and some sponge tossing – AND I believe a few leaders got a refreshing pie in the face!
- MISSIONS–The kids heard from our missionary coach in Poland and how the coach spent time praying for his football players and sharing about Jesus.
- MUSIC–We learned ANOTHER song – “We Have Hope” and revived the forever favorite “Yes to VBS”. After listening to the CD all week, I’m sure your kids know all the words already! They can now practice ALL of them!
- STORY– Today the kids heard the story from John 21 when the disciples were out fishing but after many hours they had still caught nothing. Then they heard a voice from the shore (it was Jesus who had come back to see them, but they didn’t realize it) say “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some fish.” They cast their nets and caught SO many they could hardly pull the net up. The disciples came to shore where Jesus prepared breakfast for them. The story went along with the theme for the day which was JESUS LOVES ME!
At the end of the day, Ms. Jilane from the Mission Train came up to tell us how many more uniforms we were able to provide for the kids in Tijuana. As of yesterday, we had 7. Today we added 4 more! That’s great, but honestly it makes me sad because I know we can do better! Kids can bring donations – and parents can too! It costs over $80 for a kid in Mexico to buy a school uniform. Please join us in helping these kids in need. Thank you!
DON’T FORGET…VBS MEXICO IS SATURDAY!
If you or your family are interested in joining us to visit the kids of Rio Al Mar and provide them with a taste of the fun that we’ve had this week, you can get more info online – and register – at:
If you have questions about VBS Mexico, you can email Jilane Hawkins at [email protected]
We cannot wait for the final day of our tournament as the Canyon Springs Champions for Christ! Tomorrow is no dress up day; just wear your VBS shirt!
Make sure your kids are practicing their memory verses!
Our memory verse for the week is:
His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. 2 Peter 1:3
Head Ref Betsy and Assistant Ref Lesley “Blue”
and the rest of the Coaching Crew
P.S. Use Hashtag #CSCVBS2018 on all of your pictures so we can share in your fun!
Day 4 Video Message
Enjoy your daily dose of inspiration from Cross Bar Caleb & Penalty Box Paul