Most of you know what we did on Monday night – because you were there! Parent Night was a huge success…and SO much fun!! Thank you to the moms and dads that made the effort to be there; no doubt your clubbers were super excited to have you there and to have you experience Club 45!
We started out with the usual array of board games and all the parents joined in! Then we gathered together to do some mixers as a group. That was awesome! We played Poop Deck and Man/Woman/Gorilla. See the pics below….hilarious!
After the clubbers recited the Club Verse (Psalm 1:1-3), Ms. Chrissy shared with the parents a little about what the clubbers have been learning in Club 45 this year. We’ve been highlighting one fruit of the Spirit each week and really focusing on what it means and how to apply it in our daily lives. To showcase what they’ve learned, the clubbers paired off and each pair was given a piece of paper with a fruit of the Spirit on it (to review: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control). Each pair had to come up with a skit to demonstrate their “fruit” and then the rest of us tried to guess what they were portraying. The clubbers did a great job! Almost every time, the audience guessed right the first time!
For the last time this year, the clubbers broke into their small groups and had a time of sharing, discussion and prayer. While the clubbers were in small groups, Ms. Chrissy and Ms. Betsy met with the parents to go over upcoming events and dates…
- Crazy Connect – Monday, May 16, 6:30pm-8pm
- Kind of an intro to Oasis; Chad will introduce himself and his leaders to the 5th graders and give them an idea of what Oasis is all about. There will lots of fun and games!
- Taste of Oasis – Sunday, May 22, 8:30am
- Chad will bring the 5th graders into Oasis to show them what Sundays are like and what they can expect starting in June.
- Promotion Sunday – June 5, 8:30am
- 5th Graders will “promote” to 6th grade as it relates to Sundays; they will join Oasis for the first time.
- VBS – July 11th-15th, 9am – 12pm
4th & 5th Graders:
- Final Club 45 – Monday, March 21, 6:30pm – 8pm
- We’ll bid farewell to our 5th graders, show a video from the year and have ice cream sundaes!
- Baptism Class – Monday, April 4, 5:30pm-6:30pm
- Baptism – Sunday, April 10, 8:30am and 10:30am
- This year, the 4th & 5th graders will be baptized with the church as a whole, in the courtyard. It will be really special!
Last week, we passed out decision cards and talked to the clubbers about what it means to invite Jesus into your heart and choose to commit their heart and life to Him. Each child had an opportunity to make that decision. In addition, if the child did/has made a decision to be a follower of Jesus and is interested in being baptized, they were given the opportunity to indicate that as well. If your child is, in fact, interested in being baptized, you will be receiving an email from us soon. Please know – and we told the clubbers this as well – that expressing an interest in being baptized and/or wanting to learn more about it does not commit them to being baptized. This is a very personal decision and one that should be made at the readiness of each individual.
At the end of the night, we had a FRUIT FIGHT! It was parents vs. clubbers and each team tried to keep the “fruit” from being thrown onto their side. In the end…the parents were victorious! 🙂
It was a wonderful night! We look forward to concluding our year with lots more fun and games next Monday!
The Club 45 Team
CLUB 45 PICTURES