Donating is as easy as sending a text. It’s super easy to use, especially after you’re setup for the first time. It’s also linked with your existing online giving account via Planning Center so all of your giving activities will be part of the single system. Here’s how:
- Send a text to the phone number 84321.
- In the message field, enter the amount you wish to donate. I.e. “25” for $25.
- If you text only a number by itself, the donation will be directed to the General Fund.
- If the system is setup for a specific campaign or event, the amount will be followed by the campaign keyword, such as “LENT”. If that’s the case, your message would be “25 LENT” for $25 to the Lent Campaign.
- If your number is already registered in the system, you’re done! If not, then a setup link will be sent back – see below for detailed instructions. Either way, simply follow the on-screen instructions.
Standard message & data rates may apply.
First Time Setup (One-time Only)
If you text to give and have never setup your system yet, you’ll be asked to set up a payment method. You can see this setup process in the video below.
- Send an amount (example: $5 or $10.00) to the number 84321. This is a shared number used by other churches in our area.
- If your number isn’t set up for text-to-give, a setup link will be sent back. Tap the setup link be guided to the next step.
- Select Canyon Springs Church. (A list of churches in the area will be suggested.) If your phone number is recognized by Planning Center Giving, the appropriate church will be listed as a “Suggested” organization.
- Enter your email address and, if prompted, your name.
- Enter the payment method you’d like to use for text-to-give. If you’re already a donor and you’ve added a payment method before (say, a bank account for ACH or a credit card) then you can optionally log in to access your saved payment methods.
- Complete your initial setup donation. The initial donation, in most cases, will go to the default fund (usually the “General” fund). However, donations may be directed to more specific funds using keywords as noted above.