Dive in with us each week as we explore the book of beginnings
As we go through the book of Genesis as a congregation we wanted to provide you with an opportunity to not only read through the entire book but dive into the different theological and spiritual themes found in one of the most beautiful books in the Bible. Every week we have some readings you can walk through, some short videos to interact with and a practice to participate in that will form you spiritually and connect you to the Father.
Week 1 July 19th-July 26th
- Read: Genesis 1-5
- Watch: Genesis overview 1-11
Week 2 July 27th-August 2nd
- Read: Genesis 6-11
- Watch: Tree of life
- Practice: Sabbath – Take either a whole day or a portion of a day to Sabbath. No need to get legalistic. Do some things that you enjoy. Pray. Read. Relax.
Got kids and cannot get away from them? Try just one intentional hour before they wake up to connect with your loving Father.
Week 3 August 3rd-August 9th
- Read: Genesis 12-19
- Watch: Genesis overview 12-50
- Practice: Gratitude Journal- Abraham had a lot to be thankful for. This week practice journaling a list of gratitude. During a moment of quiet, reflect on all of the things you are grateful for. Put them to paper and thank God for them.
Week 4 August 10th-August 16th
- Read: Genesis 20-27
- Watch: TaNak
- Practice: Write Your Story- The TaNak (video above) is the first 5 books of the Old Testament. Much of it reflects on the story of Moses and the Israelites. The Israelites had a very rich history and story. This week reflect on your story. Type it out or write it down. How did you come to faith? What has brought you to where you are at today? Write it down and reflect on the moments and ways that God has pursued you.
Week 5 August 17th-August 23rd
- Read: Genesis 28-34
- Watch: Atonement
- Practice: Pray With A Friend- It’s that easy. Find a friend to pray with!
Week 6 August 24th-August 30th
- Read: Genesis 35-42
- Watch: YHWH
- Practice: Scripture Memorization: Memorize a scripture that has the word “God” in it. Replace the word God with Yaweh and bring that scripture with you throughout the week.
Week 7 August 31st-September 6th
- Read: Genesis 42-46
- Watch: Covenants
- Practice: Journal Template: Journal and answer/reflect on these three questions
- What is a promise that God has give you in your life?
- What is 1-2 ways that God has changed your life?
- What is 1 thing you can do this week to serve those in your house?
Week 8 September 7th-September 11th
- Read: Genesis 46-50
- Watch: Heaven and earth