We have MIDWEEKS at the cove from 730-9PM. We are continuing our current series called, “Not a Fan.” It is all about understanding what it means to be a follower of Jesus and not just a fan.
On Sunday we have a service project for high school! At 1Pm show up at the cove with 2 sack lunches. We will spend time praying for our city and then we will drive downtown together to hand out the lunches and pray with people.
Camp Signups are LIVE!!
You can register and get all the details for Winter X High School Winter Camp by clicking HERE.
We only have 90 spots and this trip WILL sell out so register ASAP!
We will have midweeks and church!
On the Radar
Remember you can always access our full FALL calendar HERE
Winning at Home
***This section will always have something for YOU as the parent. It may be a blog I read somewhere or an article from the internet. Sometimes it will be something from me directly or a recap of a current message we went through at church***
Recap from Sunday’s Message
On Sunday we covered the topic “From the Head to the Heart.”
- The main theme was, “Faith is not just knowing about Jesus but knowing Jesus
- Jesus does not want a casual relationship with you, he wants all of you
- The things and decisions we make now matter. They have eternal implications and earthly ones
- One thing I talked about was this idea of preaching grace. “It is scary to preach grace to you guys because what a lot of students do is they hear that God will always forgive them and they just say ‘okay well if that is true then im going to go do whatever I want and when I am older and ready then I will go back to God. And that is true. You can go do whatever you want and when you are ready God WILL forgive you. That is how loving God is. He will totally forgive you. He will wipe away your sins but it doesn’t mean he can wipe away the consequences. This mindset of party now God later is the equivalent to intentionally breaking your arm because you know it will heal. You can break your arm, it will heal but there will still be pain. Why would you want to do any of that when you can live in God’s grace now and avoid all of the pain and heartbreak from ‘doing your own thing.”’
- The difference between being a fan and a follower is a fan knows about God but a follower knows God
- Love the lord with all of your heart, soul and strength
Questions for home
- What was something you learned about the Shema? Can you explain what that is to me?
- What is the difference between knowing about God and knowing God? Why does it matter?
- What is one way you can apply what you learned at church this past week?
I am praying and rooting for you and your family,
Delivered to your Inbox?
Sign up here to receive our regular church-wide email announcements, weekly bulletins, news and events. If you wish to also receive ministry or group specific emails, select the applicable group(s)